Before you write a word, it is important to understand the items typically required as part of the grant application submission process. Use this simple checklist to start gathering the materials that will likely be requested. Start early to be sure you are not rushed at the last minute.
GRANT APPLICATION SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
- Fully edited, proofread, and finalized version of the proposal narrative
- Current annual operating budget and, if appropriate, the program budget
- budgets should reflect BOTH revenue and expenses for the organization/program
- Letter(s) of support
- ensure they are signed!
- 501(c)(3) tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service
- Most recent financial statements (audited preferred)
- Copy of the most recent Form 990 filed with the IRS
- List and brief biography of current Board of Directors
- List and brief biography of key staff
- List and descriptions of relevant partners and existing funders
- Other pertinent supplemental documents (brochures, newsletters, etc.) if requested/relevant
Submitting an online grant application? Read this. And be sure to double check everything before submitting!
Click here to download this checklist as a PDF, free!